.888-225-5692  |  .876-929-3540-5

Transfer of Ownership

Customers who are applying to the National Water Commission (NWC) for a Transfer of Ownership must provide the following:
  1. Proof of Ownership

    • Letter of Ownership/Possession from an Attorney:

      The letter must clearly state the Volume and Folio numbers and the attorney’s Stamp must be affixed to it. The letter must also be signed by the attorney and must not be older than six (6) months.

    • Property Title:

      Where a photo copy of the Title is being used, it must be certified by the Titles Office, the date of certification should not be older than six (6) months.

    • Letter from Mortgaging Company:

      The letter must include the Volume and Folio numbers where available and must be signed by the Legal Counsel of that institution or such other authorised person.

    • The NWC reserves the right to request additional documentation from any applicant, where it is deemed necessary to assist in establishing proof of ownership of the property when processing the request.
Bottom Trust
  1. Numbering Certificate from the Parish Council.
  2. Valid Identification i.e. Passport, National ID or Driver’s Licence
  3. Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN)
  4. Proof that all outstanding balance on the existing account is settled.
  5. Processing Fee - Accepted methods of payment are Cash, Manager’s Cheques or Debit/Credit Cards
  6. Where the applicant is unable to provide the requirements listed at 3 and 4, the NWC reserves the right to accept any other form of identification it deems appropriate in the circumstance.


  1. Application should be made by the owner of the premises but if the owner cannot apply in person, the above requirements and a Letter of Authorisation for the bearer will be required. The Letter of Authorisation must be signed by the owner and witnessed by a Justice of the Peace (JP), Senior Police Officer at the rank of Corporal or above, Attorney-at-Law, Notary Public and or Secretary of State.

    For requests on behalf of a company, the bearer must present a Letter of Authorisation on the Company’s Letterhead with the Company’s Seal affixed as well as the Certificate of Incorporation, Articles of Association and Certificate of Good Standing.
  2. If an additional supply is required; the existing account(s) must be settled.
  3. Fees are subject to change without notification.